When I speak to most people, it seems that a handful may not know where to get started. So I decide to compile a quick summary of 10 basic questions - key areas to think about when planning your career direction:
1. What do you want to be in 5 years time? (5 years is typically used as a benchmark)
2. Able to rattle off your top 3 achievements in life; if not best accomplishment?
3. Do you know how to transfer your skills to your dream career?
4. What does your friend say you are good at?
5. What type of things do you learn and pick up easily?
6. Identify one key point about the Profession that you like very much
7. What is your top motivation for choosing such a Career? Is it sustainable?
8. What do you expect out of that Profession? Does it fulfill your personal vision?
9. How can your personality and values help in shaping your career decision?
10. Have you exhausted your network in exploring feasible career options?
If you need to explore further, feel free to email me at email@example.com