Monday, September 14, 2009
Ways to be a Star Performer
Star Performer - people that excel, perform to the very best, develop their strengths, rectify their weaknesses, being mentally strong and believe in successes.
10 simple ways to be a Star Performer
1. Think & take small steps
2. Do your research in your own time for your line of work on a regular basis.
3. Ask management what you can do to make yourself more valuable
4. Ask for assignments no one wants BUT try not to spread yourself too thin.
5. Create plans to solve problem areas at work. Can be a one-two page document
6. Assist colleagues when needed. Lend a helping hand. They will remember you!
7. Add things to your “to do” list. Be focused & constantly aware. Expand scope
8. Give others the credit when your counterparts perform well. You need them
9. Focus on important relationships – contacts that help to you
10. Stop underestimating yourself
Are you one of them? If not, will you like to be one?
Or are you facing extreme career challenges? If the answer is "yes", take action now! We provide one-to-one career coaching session; with practical lessons & role play scenarios.
Email your name & contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org